Saturday, January 17, 2009

keepin up with writing
































the purpose of doing this blog, was to force me to write daily. The hard copy journal was just not cutting it anymore. So I am writing, even when I have nothing remarkable to say. I feel like it is part of a process that I need to do now. It time for me to get back to the focus that is required to maintain happiness and order in my feelings and in my life.


I am off to buy the food for F's birthday party. We have a family thing tonight at MIL's house, then a little party of her preschool friends, at 10:00am in the morning. I scheduled it early on purpose, to avoid that breakdown that both of my children seem to be prone to, in the late afternoon.

This is how she looked on her first birthday. It feels like such a long time ago. I can hardly believe so much time has passed. I wish my grandmother could be here to know Freyja, she would get a kick out of her for sure.

Our housemate and his lady friend are taking F out to buy a present (this gal is childfree and has no idea how dangerous a three year old in a toy store can be) this afternoon. That will be super exciting for F.

We can't seem to get her to believe that she is turning FOUR, not FIVE. She insists that she is FIVE. I remember my brother doing that... at the Disneyland ticket counter. He was a big kid, and my mother was taking heat for trying to get him in at the discounted rate.

I am not even thinking of cleaning, until she is in bed tonight, then I will race through the house, make it all BOOTIFUL, as promised.

Mark brought me flowers, after remembering that he had forgotten my birthday, and I have a little arrangement idea to put together with a tower of cupcakes, so I have something to look forward to. Pink frosting, naturally- I will bake the cakes tonight, but hold off until frosting until morning to avoid that crusty frosting thing that happens over time. I have some hot pink sprinkles, too so things should go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment