Thursday, January 8, 2009

another tiny snipet

Time, a moment of it.
I usually noodle around the Internet or fold laundry, but this is my new distraction.
Mark and I are in the thick of watching season four of Rescue Me http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/rescueme/index.html
or "the fireman show", as it became known when my best friend was living with us, and it was our drug of choice.
I love this show- full of drama, and laughs and people laughing at inappropriate times.
I did that last night at a meeting. someone was informing another attendee of a suicide of a mutual friend of theirs, and I sort of giggled, nervously. I felt awful, naturally.
It wasn't my intention to giggle, it just slipped out. NOT because it was funny, but because I never know what to do at those awkward, solemn moments.
Yikes, what a doofus, for real.

that is one of my favorite bits of street slang -for real. I'm gonna slap you for real. Dang, that just sums up how I feel at times.

M is playing shoots and ladders with Miss F and Max is at karate, and the house is pretty clean, so here I am.

I started this absurd embroidery project.
I am making 6 little dream pillows, with flower fairies, for Freyja's birthday party favor (WHAT WAS I THINKING? ) MIL is helping. she is the bomb at embroidery, and has whipped out 3 to my 1.5 so far. I need to get it together.
as a back up favor, I have some pointy princess hats from Target's $ aisle- CRINGE


1 comment:

  1. I laugh inappropriately a lot, I have to work on it in therapy. It's like a nervous tic.

    You must post pix of the dream pillows, they sound sweet.

    ReplyDelete