Monday, January 12, 2009

getting older, not wiser

I am 41 years old today. Man, do I ever feel every one of those puppies...

nothing much to complain about, other than the fact that nervousness kept me up half the night and I broke my key off in the front door.

Had this wacky fantasty of buying myself a little gifty, but I will get a brand new lock instead- oh goody.

Our house is old as hell (not quite, but nearly 100 years old) and this lock must be nearly that old. It has been "tricky" for the past few years. Requiring lots of jiggling and jangling to make it open and lock properly.

It really was just a matter of time, I guess until it went kaput.

So now I am waiting for the world's sweetest locksmith (he tried to talk me through taking the thing apart and bringing it in to him, to save $65) to come and extract the key and grind a new one.

so it goes, as Kurt Vonnegut said.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry about the lock but at least it will be fixed now. I hope you had a wonderful day otherwise.

    ReplyDelete