It's what's for dessert around here pretty often.
We are working on perfecting the recipe, but it goes something like this;
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brandy-orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned, hulled (we use frozen raspberries in winter and sauce them, press them through a strainer)
- Combine the sour cream, sugar, yogurt, vanilla extract, and orange liqueur in a large bowl.
- Pour the whipping cream into a saucepan, and heat over medium-high heat just below the boiling point. Slowly stir the heated cream into the sour cream mixture. To serve, pour the cream mixture into 1/2 cup ramekins to 1 inch below the rim. Top each glass with sliced strawberries or sauce
- allow your child to eat this in the livingroom, only while wrapped in a giant blanket with a sun motif.