Friday, August 28, 2009

Pirates Cont' and have I mentioned that my computer totally SUCKs?

dancing, dancing, dancing

Maxwell in Pirate mode

I wanted this post and the one right after it to be one, but my computer in it's infinite wisdom made that impossible, by crashing, when I had the audacity to press "print" rather than "preview" while looking at photos.
The computer was so overwhelmed by the notion of printing, that is totally melted down, despite my having recognized my error immediately and pushed CANCEL within seconds.

It then took 15 minutes and many attempts at button pushing to get things back on track, at which point most of my post and the photos were lost.

It then took another 15 minutes and lots of grinding noises to produce these photo you see before you.
So here we are at a Captain Bogg & Salty concert in Sellwood park, along with what felt like the rest of Portland- or at least the Porltanders that have children.

No, I have no idea who that woman is, but a pity no one told her that her bra strap was showing!

For those of you not from Portland, Captain Bogg & Salty are a local punk band that also play pirate music for children, a sort of sober version of the Pogues, with fewer teeth missing.

They put on a great show, and the music is universally interesting, so that both four year olds and their parents can get their dance on.

Maxwell has loved this band since his pirate days in preschool, and now Miss F is getting in on the action!
Freyja exstacically dancing to "EAT A LIME"

2 comments:

  1. hey! you might have seen the stosurs there (with simon) - they were on the scene the day i took their younger kid to enchanted forest! haha!

    what a small town this is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I'm glad I finally found you. I tried to leave a comment for Max but am not savvy enough to know how to create an OpenID. Sigh. I'll get there.

    The movie I told you about is called In the Realms of the Unreal - pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete