Sunday, May 24, 2009

fanicful fairies

I finished up this sweet little fairy, and started on another.

I will make some little pillow cases out of them, later.

Embroidery is one of those focused activities that feels really satisfying, when I am feeling melancholy and meaningless.
Machine sewing doesn't really do it for me, since i am not skilled enough for it to be fun, but this- I do it well, so I feel accomplished at the end.
I was delighted to find the perfect embroidery basket, with a close fitting lid, at Goodwill recently.
I am not very neat with my supplies and having them sitting out in the open, is like a red flag for both Moonshadow and Freyja to ransack the stuff, and throw needles and thread all over the place, which is never a good idea.

I am really proud of having mastered the French knot, finally.
The fairy dust was like French knot boot camp, and I passed with flying colors! I don't know what compelled me to put that one blue star in there.
It always happens to me- I always have to throw in some out of line thing.

There is this little voice in me that drives me on to do something off color or experimental... and there it is one blue star wrecking an almost perfect piece of work.
Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the blue star wrecks it. It didn't stick out at all to me until you pointed it out. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete