Sunday, May 31, 2009

the artist as a young man with salsa

I just can't get enough of salsas... so here we have mango! salsa cruda, tomatilla green, chipoltle peppers in adobo sauce, and some paper thin daikon, with rice vinegar, cilantro and oil.
Those veggies are headed for the grill. I very well may be spelling all of those things wrong, and I am willing to live with it, so there!



In the spirit of not being able to leave well enough alone, I have added this piece of fabric to the black side of the new fridge.

Black is just not the right thing for this old funky kitchen.

I LOVE "Modern", as in mid-century, or Danish Modern, but I can't stand contemporary, or minimalist, and that my friends is what a black rectangle reminded me of.

So there you have it.

I added the "dutch master's" print, that I bought 18 years ago at Daisy Kingdom, when we lived in NW. My dining room chairs are covered with it, and I had this big extra piece that I was just waiting for some special project to use it for.

So now I have used it, and I think it works well.
I hemmed up all sides, and attached with with adhesive Velcro, top and bottom.

Maxwell is busy studying a monologue for a play he is trying out for. He has chosen a comedy piece from a book of monologues for children (who knew?).

He has done a lot of "play-labs" at the theatre school, but he wants to try out for a real play, which involves a 1 minute monologue, as well as a song. He is going to sing "consider yourself" from "Oliver", which I happen to remember the lyrics to (form 7th grade choir).

S C A R Y !


Mark is coordinating all of this theatre business, with the help of his father, who happens to be a theatre professor at a university, so I hope it turns out well.

It all makes me really nervous, so I am trying to stay detached from the project.

He is hoping to get a part in "Narnia", but when you audition, you audition for the whole season, so he could get into a play that is not his first choice.

It is all very nerve wracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment