Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I finally managed to slog through CRIME which took my forever.  I am usually a fast reader and lately I have the attention span of a gnat.
The book is ok.  It would be perfect for a long flight.  I like his other work better, I love when he writes in the Scottish accent, I can hear the character's voices in my head (what does that say about me?), he pulls it off so well.  This one had just a tad too much contrivedness to it to make me think of the story, once I set the book down.
I enjoyed his novel Marabou Stork Nightmares 
a lot more, although to say one enjoys these books is a bit of a stretch, as the subject matter is pretty rough, grim and hard to take at times. 
I suppose I am attracted to the themes of broken people, and youth culture, I dunno, maybe I just like to hear voices in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment