Thursday, March 12, 2009

whineybabydentistmouth



The crown is finally on at long last, and I am hoping that once the numbness wears off, all will be well and I can stop boring everyone I know with my dental laments.

The sun is shining brightly for the first time in years (ok weeks) and while it is still colder than a ???????? I dunno, something really cold, I will take it.

I slept more last night than I have in days and I feel semi-human again.

It is my day off,

my one day of freedom (imagine Ritchie Haven's singing FREEDOM at Woodstock, and you get the picture of how liberating Thursday is for me) , per week, where from 9:00-3:00pm I get to do mostly what I want, and guess what is on the agenda today?

VACUUM BAGS!

I need to drive across town for special vacuum bags.

Does life get any better than that?

Not today it doesn't

I have still not managed to find a decent read, and it now being Thursday, which leads to Friday, Saturday and Sunday, when the fam is all home together, this week seems pretty shot.

I guess I will go back and give Tree of smoke, a second try, for the 5th time.

The last couple of weeks have been all about nostalgia, sniffling, looking at the past and feeling old.
Get a load of how scary and old I look in that photo from yesterday. It makes me rethink my anti-make-up stance.

How unliberated and petty am I, for real?

YONKS!

I haven't made it to the pool in weeks and my writing here has suffered (doesn't that sound dramatic? as if it mattered)

My inner homing device tells me to pull my head out of my ass, get it together and get the f%%ck over myself already.

the little inner voice that keeps me on the straight and narrow- sounds exactly like David Sedaris's brother "The Rooster"!

god, why couldn't I have gotten a more sensitive inner voice?

Maybe that lady who does the voice of Lambchop for instance?

or that actress that played Georgette on Mary Tyler Moore?

Cooking?

cooking you say?
not so much this week.

I did whip up an amazing Madras curry, using some peppers & mushrooms that were donated to the school, but it was only amazing because a friend had brought me good spices from India.

Other than that is has been a bean and rice week. I owe my husband something good soon, and Maxwell wants a chocolate cake. Here he is fresh home from school demanding the as of yet unbaked cake.

There you go- no rest for the wicked!

No comments:

Post a Comment