Tuesday, March 10, 2009

a day late and a dollar short?

I just finished reading one of those "best blah, blah of 200--" books, this one a music anthology from 2005, and it was one of the better things that I have read recently, been in a bit of a dry spell,

(honey you need to get me better books at the library- OK?)

I was really knocked out by the editors comments.

WOW,

nice work!

Boy do I feel foolish!

It turns out this fellow JT LeRoy, is a gal, and the whole persona was a hoax.

Silly me.

the whole thing was revealed to the rest of the world in 2006.

There you go, I am sadly behind the times in all ways.


I still think s/he is a good writer and by golly I may just go out and buy something of her/his to read.

1 comment:

  1. The JTLeroy hoax really freaked me out when I found out about it. That was a really elaborate lie.

    ReplyDelete