Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mr. Fluffyhead

Ripley finally got a haircut, sadly the really cold weather is also finally, just setting in, so he is freezing his fuzzy, pink heinie off.



In a fit of whimsy (or disorganization) I wore Maxwell's tie dyed socks to work today- it was 6:30am and I was tired and I couldn't find any of my own socks, so there you go.

That would be a pretty good indicator of how my week is going.

The good news is that I finally have something decent to read, after a long dry spell.

I am just finishing up The Size of the World by Joan Silber, which is a good collection of interconnected stories.

The only thing that I didn't care for was the fact that I found myself distracted a couple of times, because I was searching for the connection, and it was really thin, or it came at the end.
That has more to do with me and my linear personality than the quality of the writing, though.

I am also nearly done with When you are engulfed in flames by David Sedaris. I love David Sedaris, even his shittier work, like that one with the stupid Corduroy title, so I like this one. He has jumped the shark a little, but I still laugh out loud every few pages, so I will be happy with that.

Next up is Trash by Dorothy Allison, which I know I will love, because I love all of her work as well as just about anything of this genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment