Monday, April 13, 2009


Yesterday I made an absurdly huge meal.


I used a Passover menu that I used to prepare years and years ago, when I used to co-host a big event, with friends.

I just felt like cooking, so I did, and I had this fabulous audience to cheer me on.

Rolf was delighted to have my sour cherry soup.

I don't think I have made it since we moved from the apartment in Northwest.

He is the only one that likes it, but he wound up eating it all- so there- it usually contains a liter of red wine, but I left it out this time, since he was driving, and I had some vague hope that Frey would eat some due to it's fruity content!

My MIL devoured the cauliflower gratin with horseradish .

I invited her at the last minute, because it seems silly to not have any guests.

I ate all kinds of things that are not on my usual diet, and I am sure I will feel some guilt at some point, but right now I am living with my transgressions.

A friend said recently, that she would like to fall in love again.

I would like to fall in love with my life again, the life that involved merry dinner parties with raucous guests and toasts.

Not this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment