Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mexican cookery

Freyja chopping nuts (I scored this old fashioned nut chopper, just like the one my Grandma Betty used to have, at Goodwill!) for the mole, first thing in the morning.  Moles are kind of a pain in the ass to make, but you get that smug sense of satisfaction from all the work, so I suppose it is worth it.

I soaked these beans the night before, so they only took about an hour to cook, again with the smug satisfaction, if you don't crave that kind of attention, use canned.  I marinated them with lime and oil, onion and peppers.

Spinach enchiladas with verde sauce (more chopping and blending and mixing),  Salty Mexican cheese on top. 

my go to raw salsa

mashed yams with chile and lime

jicama salad,  black beans, salsa chickpea salad

candlelight in the rain, under our covered deck.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Sanbitter! And those little bottles are so cute!

    ReplyDelete