Friday, May 13, 2011

licehead

I am totally neurotic and germphobic and nervous and easily freaked out, so working with children might seem like an odd choice for me.

Today I had to deal with lice. 

It comes up once a year or so, and I never cope well.

I had to send people home, which means waiting around with the lice in a small room.  I have to remain calm and not make the licee feel bad. 

I think I did alright, I don't think anyone will be scarred for life

I have personally never had lice and I would like to keep it that way.

I always joke that if my children get lice we will have to burn the house down, since we have so much stuff, but really  I am terrified at the thought of it.  I realize it is a totally normal and not very harmful thing, but it totally skeezes me out and makes me sweat, and itch, just the thought of something crawling around on me laying eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment