Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bracing myself

I am a creature of habit. 

I like routine. 

I like stability and predictability.

Lots of things are going to change for me, and for our family in next month, so I am mentally bracing myself.  I am preparing not to be overwhelmed and nervous. 

I am waving, not drowning, that is my story and I am sticking to it- today, anyway.

Both kids are starting new schools in September, and I am almost doubling my work hours. 

It should be interesting, at least.

I don't have a solid plan on how I am going to get both children to school, and myself to work, but I am working on it, and friends have offered to help, and Maxwell's new school has a good carpool, pool, so things will work out.

That is what I have to believe. 

I am taking on more new responsibilities and going back to some old  responsibilities, so I am feeling a lot more positive about work. 

That part is good. 

Mark is taking the first week of school off, because that is my super busy time, and he can take on the kid transportation  piece, hopefully he can help smooth things out. 

I feel good about dumping that on him, since I am mostly on my own until then, with all of his business travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment