Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am truly ridiculous

We recently bought a freezer.

It was a big deal, involving lots of research and comparison pricing, like every purchase ever made by me.

The new freezer is now installed in our basement office.

Right next to me, as I type.

Every so often the new freezer makes a little noise, that sounds a lot like the furnace, and each time I get all riled up and think to myself

WHO TURNED ON THE FURNACE?

and for a split second I get to feel all outraged and self righteous about sitting around being frugal and cold, while someone, someone weak and loose with his money,  has turned on the furnace, even though we agreed not to turn it on after April.  Then I have to give myself a sort of dope slap and remember that it is not the furnace, but rather the freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment