Friday, November 13, 2009

Rambling, I guess I don't like, I don't like Mondays, anymore

On my way home from Dollar Tree (ok PC people, let me have it!) tonight, I heard Bob Geldof's
I don't like Mondays on the radio on the way home tonight, and it totally creeped me out.

I own the Boomtown Rats album that features the song, but listening to it today as a mother, living in this fragile world filled with gun violence, I found myself thinking that the radio station is crass or clueless or something, that I just couldn't put my finger on.


Rolf was delayed from returning for Germany, due to the unexpected death of his beloved sister in law.

I always feel so helpless in situations like this.
What on earth could anyone do to make someone feel better that has lost a life partner, or a mother?

Nothing.

Last week my step-father's mother died, at 97.

She was a sweet and lovely person.

I really valued how kind she was to my mother and to Maxwell.
That is how life should end, peacefully, and long lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment