Sunday, February 24, 2013

Porkchops with mushrooms and tomato, polenta in the yellow dish

Roasted veggies
I impose my healthful food on the family fairly often, but every once in a while they win; tonight Mark requested porkchops, with polenta and I obliged with the caveat that a pan of roasted mix vegetables go along side.  I find polenta cumbersome to cook, when stirring it for ever on the stovetop, so I opt for the quick and easy method of baking in the oven (2 cups polenta, 8 cups water, salt, seasoning, and half a stick of butter of fake butter of your preference. Bake in a preheated oven <350> for about an hour, stir once mid way through).  If you are really lazy, you can throw raw veggies in and let it all cook together.  If you really dig the rubbery texture, let this polenta cool over night, then cut into squares and saute in olive oil the next day.  For the chops, I seared them, then braised with chopped tomatoes, shallots, mushrooms, basil, oregano, garlic, olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment