Friday, February 15, 2013

this is as good as it's going to get


Yesterday was Valentine's Day, which is always a little hard for me, because it reminds me of my friend Leo's suicide, and who wants to feel festive  while thinking of that?

I told Mark not to worry about trying to pull something together (but didn't mention the whole depressing suicide part) because Thursday is a really busy day for us, and it would have just been one more thing

I finished work a little earlier than I expected to, so I set the table and cleaned up and bought two gigantic T-Bone steaks for Mark and the kids, since they like that sort of thing, and some tulips for myself and some organic salad, because I like that sort of thing, and made a custard tart with insanely expensive out of season berries, because that is how I roll, and I listened to this record in Leo's honor. 




No comments:

Post a Comment