Sunday, October 2, 2011

a labor of love- love of onions

Me promising Mark that I will stop checking work e-mail.
 Freyja lost her front tooth, and this time the Toothfairy got her act together enough to come through with some dough, and a crystal and a pretty little rock.
The Toothfairy was feeling like a real dirtbag, so she over compensated.

We had a party to attend Saturday evening and I was so caught up in my aches and pains I didn't even get nervous about it.
I was positively calm and it went fine.
Fine enough for me and a party, I am just not very good with people I don't know, but I know that about myself, so I have this new thing where I don't get too upset over my social anxiety.

So far it's working fairly well.

Rolf and decided to make  kaseSpätzle    (hmm more formatting problems)
for dinner tonight, which requires cooking a large volume of onions in large volume of butter, slowly, for a long time, which stinks the place up something fierce, so I am experimenting with cooking them outside in a crockpot, which is highly unconventional and makes Rolf nervous.
Since he makes me nervous all the time, I am ignoring his concerns and just doing it.
So there.
Perhaps that knocking around has unleashed a new fierceness in me, where I go to parties and not worry AND do things without considering the feelings of others?
I am making green cabbage sauteed with green apples and dill.
The traditional accompaniment is sweet and sour red cabbage, but I seem to be on a roll here, and will go with it.
I am part of a food team, for a couple that just had a new baby, so for them I made Persian lentils, with basmati rice, with raisins and walnuts, and steamed vegetables.  The new mother is allergic to wheat, which pretty much made my plan for the spatzle dead in the water.  It was a good occasion to cook ahead a little, so now Mark is all set for lunches Monday and Tuesday.

We watched Win Win with Paul Giamatti, which I enjoyed.  I really like most things he does and this was another good film, not mind blowing, but good.   We watched Barney's Version a few weeks ago and I liked it too, of course Dustin Hoffman is always good in my book, so that helped.
It sort of falls apart at the very end, but worth renting, I would say, if you like small films.
This may indeed be my most disjointed post ever.
Wow!



Another lost tooth

me having second thoughts about leaving this little wolf, who seems to always have mischief in her heart.

Can I mention my love of sun through yellow curtains, again?

You try cutting up ten onions and see how good you look.

looking very punk rock, with my onion induced tear, and dirty hair.

Freyja asked me "are you ready to be MAZED?"

the amazing color job, and equally amazing is the fact that I had not thrown the Disney  Princess book away!

No comments:

Post a Comment