Sunday, March 2, 2014

The remodel


Day one of the kitchen demo!


Look what we found inside the WALLS!

Down to the studs, on my birthday!
Freyja and I at the rental house. It is my birthday and I am just about to leave and go sleep in the freezing, sawdust filled house, so the cat wont feel abandoned.  I am THAT good. 


Then there was drywall hung, and things seemed more hopeful.
Maxwell hanging out at the rental house "table".


Next came plaster and paint, and LIGHTS!

Then the fabulous "click tile" cork backed marmoleum, soft, quiet, warm

Ben installing the gas cooktop with SIX burners!

The ovens in the diningroom

Ben cutting the stone on the back deck, in the freezing weather

Installing the back-splash, my hand-painted tiles.

The eating area is finished. I am in love with my new light fixture.

over kitchen sink-it was challenging to figure out what to do with the window frame and sill, guess who solved the problem? THIS GIRL!

I lost my big built in curio shelf, which created a lot of displaced brick-a-brack.

cute corner cupboard

Giant pantry for all of your international foods

Coffee station

Eating area, I recovered the chairs.

We removed the old swinging door and added this arch. 

The kids and I lazured this room that had been white for 16 years, on the snow day.

put my shrine to our dearly departed pets up, which made me feel more "finished".  Teddy & Giovanna's ashes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment