Saturday, November 6, 2010

just not good enough, I guess

Since November 1st, I have been unsuccessfully trying to login to
Apparently they really, really don't want me. 
I can't get signed in, and when I go through the considerable hassle of getting a new password, I can never get the page to load and finish.  I have wasted a fair amount of time on this, the more I am denied, to more I want it to work. 

Why do I allow something so foolish to annoy me so deeply?

It has been that kind of week. 

Lots of doors slamming in my face, a big dose of betrayal and a stupid head cold to top it off. 

This crappy week of waiting and disappointment reminded me of the very excellent Kevin Gilbert song, Waiting- and wondering what became of the CD the song was on?

I'm waiting for the apple, I'm waiting for the fall
I'm waiting for a renaissance to electrify us all
I'm waiting for the mailman to bring me news of friends
I'm waiting through the middle just to see how it will end

I'm waiting for the confidential files to be released

I'm waiting for the index on my fear to be increased
I'm waiting for the judgment of the living and the dead
I'm waiting for the Pagan times that surely are ahead
I'm waiting for the show to start, the one I paid to see
I'm waiting for the good things that are coming back to me

I'm waiting for the man made gods to do the will of men

I'm waiting for the CIA to cover up again
I'm waiting for the militants to lighten up a bit
I'm waiting for the mafia to make this song a hit

I'm waiting in the shadows with a chain around my wrist

I'm waiting with my best friend held firmly in my fist
I'm waiting for my heroes to tell me what to dream
I'm waiting for my neighbors to tell me what's obscene
I'm waiting for the apple, I'm waiting for the fall
I'm waiting for a renaissance to electrify us all

I'm waiting for love to come

I'm waiting for you to run
and I'm waiting for wonder to return.









No comments:

Post a Comment