Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Birthday Boy

I can't even write about my son without getting totally emotional. 
I suppose that is the way of mothers, to be sentimental about their children.  
This year he chose to go to a comic convention here in town, instead of having friends over. 
He went with his friend Zach, who is also interested in comics, it was a simple solution to what to do for the kid's birthday.  I feel like he is much loved and celebrated everyday, so I am not terribly worried about not doing a big party.  I am making dinner for just us, and we will eat a lot of cake and call it good. 
Maxwell on his birthday and as a five year old in the photo



He asks for the same cake every year.

This year he wants the Swedish dinner, the meatballs, noodles, stuffed eggs, bay shrimp, salad, beets.  He is easy. 


Rolf left for Germany on Monday, on Sunday he said "why don't we cook something?" So we did.  He made his mashed potatoes and I pretended not to notice the amount of butter he added.

I made stuffed mushrooms with shallots.

And this handsome spargel



The buttery, buttery potatoes


Freyja played with her goat and stayed out of the way
And helped me make this giant apple pie, and an apple crisp.  There was a LOT of pastry.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you tall he is. He looks so much like you, but I'm sure you hear that all the time. Beautiful birthday dinner.

    ReplyDelete