Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I haven't been in much of a mood for writing lately. 

I have been reading a good book this week- The frozen Rabbi, reviewed here nicely. 

Maxwell and I made a trip to Powells on Saturday, despite the fact that I had sworn not to purchase any new books and only use the library. 

We had a little stash of gift cards that I had been amassing, so off we went while we had time to kill during Freyja's gymnastic class.

I bought three books and Maxwell wound up reading the better part of the Sherman Alexie novel while we finished off our wait.
 
I have been forcing novels on him for a couple months, after his English teacher complained about his choice of material for free reading time.

So far I get a thumbs up for The Jungle and Catcher in the Rye and a Meh, for To kill a mockingbird

I recently finished the fluffy Let's pretend this never happened, by Jenny Lawson, who I love. 

Have I written that before?

Here? 

I feel like I can't keep track of what I write where anymore, too much social media, too little to say.

Anyway, if I did say it before, I will say it again, I love this gal and would consider moving to Texas, even though I hate heat, snakes, spiders and rednecks, just to be her friend, except we both suffer from social anxiety and might never meet, and then there I would be stuck in Texas with no one to talk to, except my friend Dom, who lives in South Carolina and I would have to phone her, and that would be just as bad as if I had just stayed in Portland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment