foolproof vegan cake or muffins makes 1 9x9 or 12 small muffins, or ten giant American sized muffins
- 2 cups flour (or 1 & 3/4 + 1/4 oat brand, or oatmeal)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup sugar (brown or white, depending on what look & flavor you are going for)
- 1 cup applesauce, or grated carrot or grated zucchini, or mashed banana, pumpkin or squash, sweet potato or mushed up stone fruit really what ever you like)
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 cup mix ins like dried fruit, nuts seeds, or nothing at all
- decorate with berries, or coconut, or frosting of your choice.
bake at 350 or a little less, for about an hour, or until done.
I developed this recipe for the preschool, because most vegan cakes really suck and are oily and gross. This one is FANTASTIC and good. Tastes like real cake. My father even ate it.