Saturday, February 11, 2012

Java Jive

We drink a fair amount of coffee around here and have burned through a number of coffee makers over the year.  Recently we've had two die in a row, after lasting about six weeks, which makes me think that things are just not made as well as they used to be. 
It is not possible to purchase and American made coffee maker, I've tried.  You can take your pick between really cheap American brands like Mr Coffee and Black and Decker, or the fancier European brands like Krups but they are all made in China and I haven't found one that lasts more than a year yet.


I am not staunchly opposed to buying yet another cheap coffee machine and have gone back to what I used to do in my 20's, which is make espresso in a stainless steel pot, the kind you boil on the stovetop. 

The coffee tends toward unevenness in strength, but at least I know the pot will work every time.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure it's stainless steel? They are usually made from aluminum.

    ReplyDelete